• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Baby MRAP article

RANGEL_USAF

i know im a little late havent been on here since 08, but deployed in iraq right now, but i came out of MRAPU not to long ago and last i heard it was a contract with oshkosh, navstar & ( i could be worng on the last one) but northrop-grunnom sorry for the spelling. i know runds on TAKS Indp susp and version i saw was like air ride, cant remember the stats to be exact but was like around a foot or more drop/rise. basically it was a baby MATV but slightly bigger than a HMMWV

jholler

MATVs are quick and maneuverable, although still a little top heavy, and have much improved armor over ANY up-armored variant of the HMMWV. They won't take a blast as well as an RG-31 or a Buffalo, but much better than a Stryker will. They function well as guntrucks for convoy protection, but not well enough for Route Clearance. The air conditioner, however, kicks azz.;-)

UNIMOG-GUY

My company painted that rig for BAE. It was pretty cool they pay good too.

Shame they don't pay their own employees very well...:cry: They are know being lean cost cutting company.

They did, they are looking for FSR's for 215 a year...Mechanics are paying like 160 and up...I am trying to jump ship to them right now...
As in 215k and 160k? If that is the case what am I doing with my life???

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks