• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back from the "dead"

J2H

Been a while since I posted here... been dealing with a LOT of stuff since coming back from my deployment to Iraq and subsequent reenlistment in the US Air Force in 2010. I am now separating early (DOS Rollback) with an honorable discharge and getting a severance package, so now am looking to purchase a military vehicle for myself :)

Congrats on making it back in one piece! Thankyou for your service! I think I can speak for the entire SS family when I say we appreciate what you did so that that we can do what we do!
:beer:
On your upcoming MV purchase, I highly recommend the good old M35A2. The pros way outnumber the cons on this one! Weather you're a purist like many here, who'll restore the beast to her in-service appearance, or one who has seen pics of bobbers and can't wait to have a giant nearly indestructable 4X4, the Multifuel engine is an outstanding choice by it's self. Add the coolness factor of the whistler turbo, and add a muffler to the stack to eliminate the need for earplugs, and you've got a ride that resets the coolness scale and people will want to take pictures of it with thier phone everywhere you go!
Just a slightly prejudiced suggestion. :mrgreen:
:driver:

196thprober

Welcome home and THANK YOU for your service! I don't know if you had an MV before, but I love the deuces also; take yout time looking at what's out there and good luck finding what you want.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for your selfless and honorable service to these great United States of America. Welcome Home, Brother!:beer: Welcome back to the site and keep us posted on your MV selection.

Last edited:

J2H

I like the M35A2s, but realistically, they seem awkward to drive on the road... I have driven the 5 tons in the desert, and drove M35A2s in Germany, but not often. And the MPG, lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks