• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back in the club!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, I sold my duece earlier this summer because I really had no reason to have one (I regretted it). I bought a Unimog thinking it would help me cope with being dueceless, it did'nt. Sold it and bought a M1009 which I love and am keeping. All the while, I keep reading all these great stories with guys and their dueces having fun. I finally broke down and bought another one. Somehow I was able to convince my wife that I was going to keep the Blazer and buy another duece, she did'nt even give up a fight :shock: So I did everything backwards and bid before inspecting but I had to strike while the iron was hot and now she cant say no because "I am bound by a contract honey, I cant back out of the auction without serious repercussions" :wink: With my luck this truck will probably have a hole in the block.

Attachments

ida34

Nice. Hard top and winch and it looks like you have the non-wood headache rack. Some bows and canvas and you are all set. A little paint would not hurt.

poppop

The truck looks great and I know will be fine. I have been very lucky with mine as all have been good. The only bad experience I have had was an Air Force S-10 Chevy I bought and when I got it home the Motor was locked. But with me doing my own rebuild the truck is still worth what I have in it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer: If it has a hole, it isn't like you don't know how to take care of that [thumbzup]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Looks like you have a really nice deuce.

From what I can see on the bumpers, the truck came from the 422nd ITSB C Company located in Las Vegas NV. Can;t really tell from the photo but does it say NVARNG or WYARNG? It looks like WY but should be NV according to what I am pulling up.

Awhile back we had a short discussion about bumper numbers and how some units don't follow established guidelines. You have an example of that on your truck. Unit has the vehicle number C-113 on the driver side but still felt compelled to put C Co above the bumper number.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if it is holed, I know a guy who has an engine core with no hole :wink: . I'm sure a good runner could be made of two of 'em! See if you can schedule a Mon. or Thurs. P/U. I'll drive my junk there and we'll get it goin', or tow it if needed. You were never out of the club man!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That truck looks great!

I bid on mine sight unseen but the GL pictures back then used to show the tachometer showing RPM's Mine did and that convinced me to drive it home. The good thing is you all are getting dueces for the same price or less that I got mine for a long time ago and back then the dollar to Won rate was 1 Dollar to 1300 Won now I am over here in Korea again and it is 1 Dollar to 910 Won A duece with a winch is a great find.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was bidding on a 5 ton but of course it surpassed what I was allowed to spend. From the pics on this one, it looks great, no springer seat though. 10k on the odometer and what looks like a nice new winch cable. Thanks for that info Medlog. Look at the the PTO shifter in the pic, its about 3 feet long. I'm going to head out there next week to see what I'm going to need when it comes time to pick it up. If anybody needs anything inspected at Barstow, shoot me a PM.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat looking truck Devin, glad you're a deuce owner again. Wonder what year it is? Has the old terminating clevis on the winch cable.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Devin, That's not the PTO handle, it's a shovel! It has the old parking brake handle too.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ha, you're right Will, but darned if it didn't look connected to the PTO.

Congrats Devin! I know what you mean about the Mog not filling the need. I finally had to sell mine and get a 5-ton! It was fun, but just wasn't the same as having a big ripping diesel hauling you down the road.

Jones

Great looking truck! If it's straight and near complete there isn't anything keeping you from ending up with a real keeper.
Bill and OSO, The forward facing exhaust is part of the deuce anti-smog package. The ram air effect crams the exhaust back into the system. If it can't get out, it can't pollute.
Every so often though you do have to shovel what looks like charcoal briquets out of the J-pipe.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The really cool thing you are going to enjoy is how different the truck is from your last one...I guarantee it. I've owned almost 20 deuces over the years and I've never owned two that sounded or drove alike. They each have their own personalities and quirks just like people. Congratulations and enjoy. By the way, I, too, was deuceless for the longest time; I know own three (although my signature has not been updated)...with more on the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks