• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back in the CUCV game

bp m1009

So i sold my first 1009 back in 2010 and what a mistake that was. I missed that truck everyday after i sold it and swore i would get another one some day. Well that day finally came. This weekend i picked up another 1009 for $1200, couldnt pass it up. It has 81k on it but drives pretty nice. the floors were patched so no significant rust there, rockers are solid, only rust is the front wheel wells those will need to be replaced asap, theyre pretty bad. and maybe a little more rust on the top of the wheel arches in the rear not bad though. overall solid truck. came with a buncj of new surplus parts too: a few alternators a starter glowplugs seatbelts radiator hoses window regulator gaskets and a some other little things. the one thing i cant stand is the paint, the previous owner rattle canned it flat black and parked it under trees so the paint looks terrible. i plan on doing a fresh OD green repaint and 4" lift and 35's. let me know what you guys think. its got some electrical issues that im not looking forward to :/
Heres my old 1009:

oldBlazer2.jpgoldBlazer11.jpgoldBlazer3.jpgoldBlazer1.jpg

and the new purchase, paint looks A LOT better in pics

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as repainting your M1009 - consider Behr house paint.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?95436-My-1990-GMC-Suburban-CUCV-clone-AKA-M1007-or-M1029

second post in that thread you will see the codes needed and his truck came out really nice. SO did my M1028A2 -

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?95664-M1028A2-dually-paint-job&highlight=

a couple of members of the club have gone this route as well.

You can also use the Rapco Gillespie and use the same method we used to apply the paint, a 1/2" x 6" close cell foam roller. The results are pretty nice.

Last edited:

combatmech

I am in the process of getting my oh-nine ready to sell. It's been a fun project and my daily driver for the past two years. I'll miss it when it's gone....However, there are other vehicles I'd like to have.
Looks like you got a good deal.....

bp m1009

Thanks for the comments guys! I am excited to be back. And Wallew you use a roller to paint cucv's? i did not know that! I have painted a couple cars before so i have a paint gun and some supplies, but a roller would be even easier.

How does the latex hold up in the cold? Many years ago I painted a Mustang with latex and a roller and when nights got cool there was always wet pavement around the car from it sweating. One morning it was frosty and the paint came off in streamers on the way to work. lol

Durango_USMC

$1200? I'd have jumped on it too! Your old one looks pretty good too, I'd be kicking myself for selling it too.

How does the latex hold up in the cold? Many years ago I painted a Mustang with latex and a roller and when nights got cool there was always wet pavement around the car from it sweating. One morning it was frosty and the paint came off in streamers on the way to work. lol
I'm sure people would pay to have their car look like it goes that fast!

bp m1009

Thanks! ive been looking around at paint now. i got some questions though, How is that Behr house paint holding up on the trucks does it scratch easy, and can you spray it through a gun? is it worth it or should i just roll it on?