• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back to 3 Color Camo

Craig C

This was a 3 color woodland colored M1028 at one time. An agency picked it up at DRMO, used it for several years. After they no longer needed it I purchased it. It has been sitting for several years until recently when with alot of help from two friends, it went from it's civilian color back to it's 3 color original color. I also added a small shell. The only two things I have left to do is have shocks and a front add a leaf set installed.

Attachments

iluvbudwsr

I do have a question for you Craig! You can PM if you dont feel comfortble discussing this in the open. as you can see my truck (which is my avatar) is solid CARC green I would like to go with the 3 color camo such as yours. Can you tell me what I would be looking at as far as a repaint to the 3 color scheme? It probably needs another coat of green because its pretty faded in a lot of places. Im just not sure what it would cost for something like this. I know the paint patterns are available on the site here but I am not equipped to paint so I would have to take it somewhere to have it done. Once again, you have a very sharp looking truck! I like how you have kept it origonal...very tasteful.... :razz:

hokie8358

i ll second that i ve got a m1028 sitting right now with 800 bucks worth of bodywork and zinc primer on it. its ready to shoot. what paint did you go with and the codes? i am running into trying to find sum good quality paint that will stand up to the elements. love for it to turn out like yours! very sweet ride!!

Craig C

The paint is Gillespie 383 green, brown and black, not the real CARC stuff. All the body work, sanding, primer, and sealer was done/applied by a friend of mine. Believe me it wasn't cheap but well worth it. It came out much better than I expected. He use to paint vehicles etc in the Military and build rat rods etc now. He just followed the TM on patterns which he's used in the past.......simple actually. Now that I have that one done, I'd love for him to work on the other 7 CUCVs I have that need paint jobs.....yikes.

SPCWarning

Very nice! I've been tinkering with my own paint job from the "latex/acrylic house paint" thread, and it's been coming out ok, but MAN!!!! that is a nice looking paint job!! I've priced the Gillespie and it aint too bad considering the quality. I'm checking my piggy bank soon as I get home and.........we'll see. I just hope it comes out CLOSE to as nice as yours!:beer:
Jimmy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks