• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

back up light problem

FLINT

The backup lights don't seem to be working correctly now in my m1028. When I put the truck in reverse, the backup lights come on for a second or two, and then they go out. If I put it back in park and then back in reverse, the lights will again come on for one or two seconds, and then go out. I know they worked fine a month or so ago, as it passed inspection in late august no problem. All of the other lights work perfectly - its just the back up lights that won't stay on.

I thought I would ask and see if anyone had a though about where I should look first to try to remedy the problem.

Thanks!

JDToumanian

the back up lights dont work on mine unless i put it right before the R
Me too.... At night, I see them come on and go out as I move the shifter out of park. This stuff is adjustable somewhere, but I haven't gone through the TM yet to see how it's done.

Jon

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wiring diagram E-14 show the Backup Light Switch. It is located on top of the steering column. Search for "back-up" in the TM 902320-289-34 manual Chapter 8.

TM 9-2320-289-20 Electrical Troubleshooting, paragraph 31 walks you thru testing the lights/switch

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a reverse light switch position adjustment. It needs to be correct to make the lights come on in R. Very simple, takes 2 people, one to watch the lights come on while the other is squeezing the switch lock and sliding it into the correct position to make the lights come on while the lever is in reverse.

All covered in the TMs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks