• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Backup lights - comments welcome

bob69302

Just wanted to show you guys how I installed my backup lights. Just want comments and show other options I didn't see online! Good bad and the ugly!!
backup lights day.jpg
backup light night.jpg
backup removed.jpg

bob69302

No the bulb was the the standard brake light bulb. I don't have the number in front of me. But it went right into the socket of the LEDs that were removed

bob69302

All it took was a couple Mil spec Y connectors and a couple male and female connectors. Got power off the brake light switch. Y off that power source and ran a line through the factory harness hole by the drivers shin area. Went to the backup switch (more military connectors) the followed the factory harness to the rear. Found which connector powered the LED that I took out and connected the new wire to that (with Mil spec connectors). Did a Y off that new connector to run power to the other backup light. That's the cliff notes version!

bob69302

Just to have them. No real reason then to have them on the trails. More of just wanting to have them then anything.

papakb

lamp power

Powering the backup lights isn't a problem at all. All I did on my M996 was to install another neutral start switch in the shifter housing that was actuated by the shift mechanism. I took power from the shifter legend lights. They are either bright or dim depending on the position of the master light switch and the reason I did that was in case I didn't want them coming on I just leave the dash lights off.

I powered my license plate light by tapping into the wire that takes power to the trailer recepticle for taillights on the trailer. Pick any wire numbered 24, they go to pins A, C, and H.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks