• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Backyard Huey in Oregon

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw this while on a new years day drive this week. Turned around and went back to take pics for the rotorheads here. Got the best pics I could of the tail numbers from the road.

I have higher resolution photos if anyone wants them, and also a location in case someone wants that.

DSCN8834.jpgDSCN8835.jpgDSCN8836.jpgDSCN8837.jpg

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not quite a "Barn Find", but its next to the barn. Looks like the Army landed it there and walked away except for a couple missing things

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would stop by and see what the story is on it. See if it is for sale, and drag that puppy up on my M1061A1 trailer and hit the road, grinning from gear to gear (ear to ear) :)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Evergreen Helicopters were based out of McMinville, OR. (my former employer) The aft engine cowl is off an old Evergreen Huey, given the green and white strip paint scheme. Looks like someone was trying to piece one together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks