• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad day at work

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently encountered an FMTV at a rest stop with a flat tire. I asked if they needed any assistance and was told no, they were waiting for someone to come change the tire. They were not allowed to change it!

They were still waiting a few hours later, when I was going back home.

ODdave

I recently encountered an FMTV at a rest stop with a flat tire. I asked if they needed any assistance and was told no, they were waiting for someone to come change the tire. They were not allowed to change it!

They were still waiting a few hours later, when I was going back home.
Same thing here, came across a convoy with a dead truck (new version of the deuce). Battery issue & it needed to be jumped to re-start. I asked them if they needed a slave cable, They said no they have one but are not aloud to use it. They where waiting on assistance from grayling to arive (still 3 hours out).......WTF?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaking ctis, long term storage, inflate and drive...

Remember this post when you pick up your GL purchase.
Yep. If it has a flat when you get there, the tire is[are] most likely ruined and not safe for the road.

Got lucky today, picked up an M923a2 with six solid tires on the ground and ~no air leaks. Weird. All the tires had air and they rolled home nice like. About the last thing I expected.

It was bizarre. Got there early in the morning, cranked it, had oil pressure within 2 seconds, and air pressure already.

Now if it just had some HP and road speed we would be good!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently encountered an FMTV at a rest stop with a flat tire. I asked if they needed any assistance and was told no, they were waiting for someone to come change the tire. They were not allowed to change it! They were still waiting a few hours later, when I was going back home.
They were not allowed to change the flat tire but who is to say you were not. I guess they had no inclination of the qualifications of the person offering them help. I am fully confident you alone could have had it changed in no time.

Amram

It's all about those civilian contractors getting their money. I know this first hand where I work. I am the building officer at a naval weapons processing facility. There have been several jobs needed done on the building that I could have done myself. I got in trouble for replacing a broken light-switch cover. EJB has a contract to do that maintenance was in my letter or reprimand. EJB charges the government at least $250 a job. :cookoo:

rronning84

I think I need to stop by and do a personal inspection... about anything to get me out of class or out of this rhythm for a bit. Look for the M38 running around Fires school tomorrow.
I have seen it running around I believe. I do not get over there too much though.
Why was it drug into the shop in the first place? I see a spare on the truck.
It is nothing more then laziness. This was completely being handled by Soldiers. They just sent a wrecker out to get it. The wheel left a nice trail of torn up road the whole route. They could have changed the tire or at the least I would have chained the axle to the frame. Soldiers today are lazy and so are some of the NCO's that let this stuff fly.

KsM715

It's all about those civilian contractors getting their money. I know this first hand where I work. I am the building officer at a naval weapons processing facility. There have been several jobs needed done on the building that I could have done myself. I got in trouble for replacing a broken light-switch cover. EJB has a contract to do that maintenance was in my letter or reprimand. EJB charges the government at least $250 a job. :cookoo:
I think we need one more contractor. Whenever there is a bullet/shrapnel headed towards one of our soldiers I believe it should be some union thug/contractor job to step infront of that bullet.

rronning84

I think I need to stop by and do a personal inspection... about anything to get me out of class or out of this rhythm for a bit. Look for the M38 running around Fires school tomorrow.
Why was it drug into the shop in the first place? I see a spare on the truck.
Good chance!

I'm out of here next week, so, drop a line.
I'm here 'till Sunday. Looks like we need a mini-rally!
Both of you are here at FT Sill now? Heck ya we should meet up.

jime

Both of you are here at FT Sill now? Heck ya we should meet up.
My son is here for FA BOLC. I'm down here for the week visiting him. Got pretty bored today and hit all the pawn shps, gun, and surplus stores. Then took a pic of the two mb's and m38a1 lawn ornaments along SR 49 to send to my buddy. That took all of 2&1/2 hours!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jime, you should have swung by the fires school and snapped a pic! lol

What's the best day for you jime? you're leaving first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks