• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad day at work

jime

Jime, you should have swung by the fires school and snapped a pic! lol

What's the best day for you jime? you're leaving first.
I'd love to see it! Friday is about my only option now, but you guys are actually working, I'm just stacking! Work it around your stuff and I'll see what I can do. Going to OK city today. Saturday we're hitting the Ft Sill museum then back to Ok City for the infantry museum.

NEIOWA

I...
It is nothing more then laziness. This was completely being handled by Soldiers. They just sent a wrecker out to get it. The wheel left a nice trail of torn up road the whole route. They could have changed the tire or at the least I would have chained the axle to the frame. Soldiers today are lazy and so are some of the NCO's that let this stuff fly.

It's not about lazy. Its about filling the force with girl soldiers and now letting flocks of pixies in. Give them something more that a minor job and they might break a nail or drop something on their foot. The few men left have to pickup the slack.

ryan77

I think we need one more contractor. Whenever there is a bullet/shrapnel headed towards one of our soldiers I believe it should be some union thug/contractor job to step infront of that bullet.

The problem is you might know how to fit it correct but there is a lot of guys who think they know what there doing but don't and screw things up. We have had a crew of guys at a couple of gov facilities fixing screw ups from in house guys or people who have no business touching anything. Today i had to add a backflow preventer to a glycol system that was tied directly into a potable water system:cookoo: That's just one of a thousand cases of potently dangerous situations. But i enjoy a challenge!!!!

KsM715

Dont get me wrong, Im an electrician and do many, many service calls where the homeowner thought they could do it and screwed everything up. But the reality is there are many many jobs on military bases that can be handled by the militarty them selves. IE base security. It bug the **** out of me when I drive to Ft Riley and see"contractors" at the gates rather than MP's. When I was in, our squadron turned our "historic" old horse stable building into a pretty nice place with an outstanding lounge with just "self-help". On our own without any outside contractors help. That includes all framing, plumbing, electrical, and drywall and finishing.

Anyone with a Military DL to drive a 5ton is more than qualified to change a dam (yes I know its miss spelled) tire.

jime

Maybe we could meet up Friday evening or Saturday at some point. Just to have a drink or talk trucks. I might do a little grillin.
I'm probably out. Gotta take the boy out for his birthday on Friday evening, and Saturday is pretty locked up. Let me know what you come up with anyway on the outside chance I can do it.

Bikeman: Where are you parked during the day, I'd like see the M38. Too bad you didn't bring the M100.....I'd steel it as I need one for my A1! Don't know how I'd get it on the plane.

ryan77

Dont get me wrong, Im an electrician and do many, many service calls where the homeowner thought they could do it and screwed everything up. But the reality is there are many many jobs on military bases that can be handled by the militarty them selves. IE base security. It bug the **** out of me when I drive to Ft Riley and see"contractors" at the gates rather than MP's. When I was in, our squadron turned our "historic" old horse stable building into a pretty nice place with an outstanding lounge with just "self-help". On our own without any outside contractors help. That includes all framing, plumbing, electrical, and drywall and finishing.

Anyone with a Military DL to drive a 5ton is more than qualified to change a dam (yes I know its miss spelled) tire.

I agree 100 % The work i was describing was not at a Military base it was at a lets say other government building.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm probably out. Gotta take the boy out for his birthday on Friday evening, and Saturday is pretty locked up. Let me know what you come up with anyway on the outside chance I can do it.

Bikeman: Where are you parked during the day, I'd like see the M38. Too bad you didn't bring the M100.....I'd steel it as I need one for my A1! Don't know how I'd get it on the plane.
If I pull it out tomorrow it will be parked outside the "Fires School of Excellence" the main building with all the big reddish rocks around it.

As for the M100, I've got two right now, one needs a ton of work, and I just acquired one that needs much less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks