• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad deuce light switch?

GMOSC

I am hoping to get some help. Last night while driving my deuce I lost all lights but my front left parking light. I have the newer style switch with push buttons. I tried to turn back on, but the lights go right back out and the switch shuts down. I tried all settings but nothing will come back on. I don't know if there is something in the switch that senses current and shuts them down, or if a mouse may have eaten some wires in the truck. I am running led headlights and not sure if they are part of the problem. I cannot find any info on these switches, I have only read problems regarding the older switches. Any help will be appreciated.

dabtl

Check your grounds first. Sounds dumb. Not dumb, smart. If the grounds are OK, look at the switch.

PS: I have heard the push button switches are glitchy.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have access to a manual three lever switch, you might consider swapping that one in to check whether or not this gives you your lights back. I understand that the electronic switch must have its own grounding wire that you attach and connect to a good ground before you even put power to the switch. Ground failure appears to cause damage to the electronic components of the switch.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful if your push button switch is acting up. They've been known to catch fire. Personally, I'd toss it and put a 3-lever in there.

Hainebd

The three lever is the way to go. If somthing happens, take apart, clean, lube, reassemble. Lights work. Push button is cool but you have to carry a three lever with you to get home.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new style switches suck. They are known to cause fires in wiring harnesses, and as you discovered, to go out when you need them to work. Toss it and put in the 3 lever. The coolness factor wears off very fast when you suddenly have no headlights when driving at night.

GMOSC

I guess I now know my next step. I will scrap this fancy thing and locate old reliable and start diagnosing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks