• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bad diesel or air in lines?

galeo7171

In addition to the harder starts over the last couple of days... I just made the 48 mile trip home from work. After starting up the truck (m1009)I let it idlefor about 20 minutes before I left work and it idled fine the whole time. I drove about 15 mileswith no issues and stopped at the gas station and put about $30 worth of diesel to get me home. I drove another 15 or so milesand everything was fine. All of a sudden thetruck started surging, and stumbling (kind of liketheenginewasnot firing on all cylinders). I noticed the truck lost power, it didn't stall out completely, but I had the pedal floored and it wouldn't go past 55 mph. I let off the throttle and then everything was fine for a few minutes. It then started surging and stumbling again, and also lacked power. It did this all the way home. It was was idlingkind of rough at a stop, like the engine wasn't firing on all cylindersagain.When I got home, I turned the truck off and let it sit for a minute, then fired it right up and it idled fine....

It has a new injection pump with lessthan 1500 miles, new injectors, new fuel tank and sending unit, new electricfuel pump, new fuel lines, etc. Is my new injection pump having problems (I bought it from Pensacola diesel if that makes any difference)? Could air in the lines cause this or did I get some bad diesel?

This exact same thing happened to me a few months ago. I changed the fuel filter added some power service and she ran like new.

I think in my case the fuel gelled on me or some water got into the tank. Try flushing your fuel filter and see what difference it makes.

ralbelt

My M1008 was running a little peaked in the last snow storm while running in 4wd, I'm pretty sure its the fuel filter, yours sounds to have the same symptoms.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks