• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad Headlight ground?

jaymcb

Finally got my m1009 road worthy, and gave it a run last night. After I stopped for fuel, I noticed the left low beam was dim....like a ground was headed south. At my next stop, the left low beam was OUT. Flipped on high beams, left high beam also dim, within 5 miles it was also out. Should my first stop be looking at the E13 ground as outlined at http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/74776-fusible-links-101-a.html

It seems unlikely that the high and low of the seal beam would both go in a 20 mile trip.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The grounds for the headlights are on the radiator support, just above the lights.

They have a star washer on them. I have had the wires break on a couple of trucks.

*** edit ***

here is a ground wire on my 1990 Burb. Before and after fixing the ground.

Attachments

Last edited:

wired1000

I've got a similar issue. From time to time the headlights will go out completely. The fix is for me to jiggle the wiring behind the drivers side headlight. About 1 minute after I'm ready to drive the CUCV off a cliff, the lights will come back on. Since I bought mine, the high-beams have not worked, though the blue lights on the speedo which I thought meant "high beam" are on whenever the headlights are on. The stalk on the steering column clicks but doesn't change anything. Its possible that someone rewired mine... Anyway, good luck chasing down your bad ground. I'm hoping mine is something simple like that, and not a broken wire hidden somewhere

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks