• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad lift job?

Alredneck

Banned
ON the front heck NO!!! on the back theres better ways to go. Offroad can still cause lots of problems think of the stress the front end is in while plowing through the mud and rocks and stuff. Some owners dont have a choice in using blocks though. My 2004 Dodge 2500 6in suspension lift came with rear lift block and in 2004 was the only option for it. Now they make after market springs but not then and the new springs degrade towing abilitity. But my blocks are only 2 1/2- 3 in tall so not that bad. Hopefully folks will grow more common sense!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the shorting Chris. Wish I could do that to myself at times...

It does look like tubing stood on end. And someone is selling this truck to the public, I'd be afraid of an accident and lawsuit.

ffemt14

I talked to this guy a few weeks ago about a truck and he says he makes quite a few trucks which means theres a bunch of these missiles driving around. So if anyone sees one of these trucks from New Jersey id double check it.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
ffemt14 said:
I talked to this guy a few weeks ago about a truck and he says he makes quite a few trucks which means theres a bunch of these missiles driving around. So if anyone sees one of these trucks from New Jersey id double check it.
There's more than one?! :shock:

ffemt14

Yeah and I think if you look at the pictures on Ebay hes got a few of the identical truck sitting in the background. I believe hes out of Hammonton NJ. They look awesome but looks are nothing if you end up wrapped around a tree or hurt someone else.

ida34

Here is the paragraph of Michigan law regarding lift blocks.

(4) Notwithstanding subsection (2), a person shall not operate a motor vehicle having lift blocks between
the front axle and springs, or with lift blocks that exceed 4 inches in height between the rear axle and springs
in addition to those provided by the original manufacturer. Any body lift block shall be of single piece
construction and shall not use more than a 3-inch spacer. Any suspension lift block shall use an alignment pin
between the axle and the spring, and shall be of single piece construction. Spring shackle replacements shall
not exceed the original equipment manufacture length by more than 2 inches, and coil spring spacers are
prohibited. All steering components shall be geometrically arranged to function as original equipment
manufacture. Welded pitman arms, drag links, and tie rods are prohibited. All parts used to modify the
original suspension or height of a motor vehicle shall be factory manufactured and shall meet or exceed the
original manufacturer's specifications.