• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bad turbo

JawSaw

took intake pipe off turbo blades not smooth but grinding, shaft moves back and forth, ordered nos" quiet" turbo thanks to all who replied to my post . know a lot about flat fenders dodges, a little about m715's almost nothing about deuces! thanks again john

Styk33

0 Star General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every part on a turbo is replaceable. Depending on how the intake housing looks (assuming that is the side the blades hit), you can usually reuse the housing. I'm not very familiar with the deuces turbos, but a turbo is a turbo, they just come in different sizes.

HanksDeuce

Not sure how much a turbo rebuild costs, but you could probably pick up another takeout turbo from somebody. Back in the day I paid $150 + shipping for a whistler turbo with no issues.

rustystud

Every part on a turbo is replaceable. Depending on how the intake housing looks (assuming that is the side the blades hit), you can usually reuse the housing. I'm not very familiar with the deuces turbos, but a turbo is a turbo, they just come in different sizes.
You would be hard pressed to find a turbo impeller and shaft for this unit. If you ever did they would want more then a new turbo costs. I would just get a good running used turbo or try out one of the newer turbos out there that bolt-up to the deuce manifold.

Styk33

0 Star General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would be surprised what is out there and what is made. Also, you can easily make a slight change to the impeller and intake house, to get something that is more produced and not have to adjust the anything else (engine wise). These turbos are not very big, and do not run a high pressure, so a call to a rebuild shop could be beneficial.

rustystud

You would be surprised what is out there and what is made. Also, you can easily make a slight change to the impeller and intake house, to get something that is more produced and not have to adjust the anything else (engine wise). These turbos are not very big, and do not run a high pressure, so a call to a rebuild shop could be beneficial.
I'm not too surprised about what is available for a 50 year old turbo. You cannot just "change" impellers. They must fit exactly in there bore or you will not get the proper boost. I have talked with Turbo rebuild shops and this is an old model with not much rebuild parts available. They do have the basic rebuild kit, but not much beyond that. If you want change then go with a modern turbo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks