• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ball Hitch For a 800 Series?

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

I have a couple civilian trailers I would love to tow with my 817. And its is generally handy to have a ball hitch, just in case. I was wondering if anyone has a receiver mounted to one?

I haven't picked up my truck yet. But I know the pintle on a 5 ton drops down from the frame, I just don't know how. Anyone have some photos that might be of help?

Thanks guys!

Josh

I think the frame width on the 5ton is the same as the deuce, if thats the case, the Curt 14082 should work in the width department.

jwaller

Where'd the picture go?
sorry but I had forgotten about it.

I put a weld along the pintle hitch to make it stronger and also welded the adjustable part to make it more rigid as well. it is also welded to the frame for more strength.

Attachments

davesgmc

somewhere i have a pic of an issue adaptor that goes on an 800 series truck pintle, it loops over the frame, lockinto the pintle and has a splace for a much lower ball mount on it below that. but that computer went kaput, so i dont ahve the pic avail. I know what it looked like and plan on making one for my elmo truck in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks