• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ball hitch surge brakes

rustystud

I will never use surge brakes again ! I was in a rollover accident because the surge brakes would not apply properly. They need a hard push back to apply and when your on ice or snow you cannot always do that.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will never use surge brakes again ! I was in a rollover accident because the surge brakes would not apply properly. They need a hard push back to apply and when your on ice or snow you cannot always do that.
And if not used regularly on electric brakes the backing plates rust and cause the magnets to hang up keeping the brakes from releasing .

rustystud

And if not used regularly on electric brakes the backing plates rust and cause the magnets to hang up keeping the brakes from releasing .
That why my backing plates are galvanized steel, and I always check the brakes before going out with the trailer. You can test your surge brakes, and they still will function poorly unless it is a perfect sunny day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks