• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ball park cost to haul trucks

Tascabe

I might be able to get some Russian trucks and trailers from the "southeast, US" - not sure where exactly yet but it is on a military base so lets go for Ft Gordon, GA for this exercise.

Would need them hauled to Farmington, MO (near St Louis, MO).

They are approx Duece sized trucks (several types but that is good for this I think) so I think 2 could fit on a flatbed at a time.

Flat tires and very unlikely they would start so would need to winch them on.

Any idea of a ballpark price for this haul?

Trying to get an idea of what recovery would cost so I can get the funds set aside.

Hoping to be able to get several of these if I can.

Andy1234

$3-$5 per mile is not bad, but it can be better.

Albany, GA to StL was $1100 on a flatbed, but the site loading the trucks has to be flexible w/ time. If they're like GL and give you a 15 minute window, add $500.

Andy

wrenchbender

i was quoted $1,000 for 1/2 trailer load from Edmonton,ab to the pembina,nd border crossing.
and $1,600 for full trlr same haul.
the point is that the quotes are allover the board.
call a trucking co. near you and ask for a quote.
quoting a carrier near you will generally get a better price as they may want to bring a truck home for various reasons
and the chances are even better rate if you can give them their own schedule to accommodate the flow of trucks that they have .

Last edited:

RangerDave

I've been getting trucking quotes from Coastal Mid Maine to try and deliver a truck I have to Central North Carolina... They range from a high of using a winch truck to load and unload $3600 to a trucker looking for a back haul on his way back to Florida $1500 and we load and the buyer unloads.... Look for a company looking for back hauls for your best deal if time is not an option...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If these trucks are in Southern Mississippi avoid them like the plague.

There are some just south of Camp Sheby, MS that have been sitting there for at least 10 years or better and they are FUBAR......DO NOT BUY without a personal inspection.

Word has it that they were all tied up in a legal goat-roping and had ownership issues.

"Let the buyer beware".

Katahdin

I've been getting trucking quotes from Coastal Mid Maine to try and deliver a truck I have to Central North Carolina... They range from a high of using a winch truck to load and unload $3600 to a trucker looking for a back haul on his way back to Florida $1500 and we load and the buyer unloads.... Look for a company looking for back hauls for your best deal if time is not an option...
Bad timing. I had Eric from Hotshot Transportation up hey'ah in January. I paid $1.416/mile. Eric's home base is Jacksonville, NC and has a winch.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/transportation-needs/41668-hotshot-transportation-co-new-truck.html

Tascabe

Nope - these are not the ones in Saucier, MS

That is a whole other dreamland of Russian goodness:)

Have the contact info for that place too - just need to work details to get some non-truck stuff out of there. Stakes, stools, tables, radio racks etc that are in the containers on the trucks.

lonegunman

I have to go with quotes are all over the board. My truck was running and I got quotes from $1.15 to $3.00 a mile. Requiring a winch and extra work adds more to the price.

As far as transporters off this board, I got one serious answer from an operator out of Texas and some questionable guys from the Carolinas who did not return phone calls or emails. I got one "broker" who did nothing but yammer about his days in the army, when we agreed on a price, I offered to pay and asked for an approximate ship time, he disappeared after saying he could not predict when, if ever he would actually ship the truck. Apparently he only guarenteed he could take money and try and find a driver to haul it for a lowball price.

Plenty of guys have good luck finding transportation here, but driving mine was the option that got my truck to my house fastest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks