• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BAMBULANCE progress

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know the weight of a "stripped" body like this one?
On my #2 (camper) build I already have a really nice S-788 "long" shelter, the ambulance is of course much more attractive, but I have some reservations.
One question I have is can the rear doors/steps be deployed and retracted from the inside?
One of the neat features of the S-788 is it has a curtain just inside the doorway, no doubt so one can get in and out without letting any light be seen but might come in handy as some of the areas we camp have lots of Mosquitos at times.
The S-788 only weighs 660lb

papakb

Shipping weight with all of the pallets and cribbing was around 1500# so I would guess in the neighborhood of 1000#.

You can reach down to retract the stairs from inside or you could just put a piece of rope on them.

When we camp in the back in the summer we hang a piece of black shade cloth across the back. It keeps out the bugs but still allows air to flow thru the body.

amgeneral72

I acquired one of these a while back and don’t know what I’m gonna do with it. Thought that removing the front hangover piece and mounting it on a trailer would be cool. What are they worth????

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I acquired one of these a while back and don’t know what I’m gonna do with it. Thought that removing the front hangover piece and mounting it on a trailer would be cool. What are they worth????
Cutting up the unit will ruin it, especially when there are better fiberglass tops for the M1101/M1102's.

In that condition I bet the value is 2K and up. Yours seems a bit rough.

Wish I had one, as I think it would be more fun that my M11025A1.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks