• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bandit's M931 Repower thread

Jason O

Looking forward to seeing how well the front driveshaft clears your Fuller transmission. It looks a good bit "shallower" than the Allison, so maybe the shaft can pass under it.

Hope everything continues to go well.

Bandit02

Well thanks.

It's a slow process. There's a lot of money to spend here. A clutch...$1000, air conpressor that's missing...$1200 with everything it needs, power steering pump, alternator, new 39MT starter... It all adds up. Once the trans is bolted to the engine I will remove the engine stand and support the back on the trans with blocks so I can roll over the bottom end. Time & $$$. Then I have to pull the old engine, drill holes for mounts etc etc.

It'll be a big project mixing in my family duties. One day it'll be done. Thanks for the patience.

74M35A2

Yes, in 24v. I am in MI, so doesn't matter what our $ trades at. Price is in recent classifieds, I think it breaks rules if I post it here. It is 20% of your stated clutch cost. Killer deal. I can swap out the pinion gear to fit your engine.

Bandit02

It does matter as I live in Canada and our dollar trades at around $1.4ish for every $1 US at the moment. Is it a 11 tooth anvil on the starter? Might just bolt up and work :)

74M35A2

I'd double the warranty for our friends in Canada as a friendly gesture. But, shipping will be a lot more expensive, and then there is import duty, tax, etc.... It would probably just be best to grab a used one from a truck parts supplier in Canada. I'm not out to rip people off, I'm trying to upgrade technology and reliability on everybody's rides by decades. Less weight, less current draw, works at -40C/F, and no speed loss on when heated.

Bandit02

I'd double the warranty for our friends in Canada as a friendly gesture. But, shipping will be a lot more expensive, and then there is import duty, tax, etc.... It would probably just be best to grab a used one from a truck parts supplier in Canada. I'm not out to rip people off, I'm trying to upgrade technology and reliability on everybody's rides by decades. Less weight, less current draw, works at -40C/F, and no speed loss on when heated.
Absolutely my friend. They are a lot better then the ol 44 MT's. When I get to the point of buying one I'll research the price on everybody's parts and go from there :)