• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bang!! Pop-Pop-Pop-Pop....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That is a common trick in the heavy equipment world. Loosen the injectors and then start the engine. Usually they all come busting out of there bores and spraying all over the place. Of course you must shut the engine down quickly ! Sometimes the hold-down bolts will break though so be careful if you do try this trick.
Or just spin it over with the starter, no fuel involved. With the others out of their bore, the motor should spin quick.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starting an engine with fuel lines off of an injector is NOT a good idea. Ever see what high pressure fuel does to soft tissue? Just pull the head with the injector in the bore. Maybe it won't come out for a reason, like the nozzle all mushroomed over.

rustystud

Starting an engine with fuel lines off of an injector is NOT a good idea. Ever see what high pressure fuel does to soft tissue? Just pull the head with the injector in the bore. Maybe it won't come out for a reason, like the nozzle all mushroomed over.
I never said take the injection lines off ! I said to loosen the injector mounting bolts.

ivbeenrokd

Well, it's been awhile since I posted on this. We've had many delays with personal stuff and a couple of work delays (cracked injector nut, broken turbo bolts, etc.) but we started it up Friday, drove it Saturday, and changed oil/coolant Saturday as well. Thank you all for the advice and tips on how to get it back on the road. I'll probably be a little nicer to it now and hope for a long time before having to deal with that again.

John