• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo eating a little extra oil...

DDT

I just rebuilt the engine and put on a NEW banks system. I fired it up the other day with just the down pipe. 3 feet of pipe straight off the turbo. After 2, 10 min breakins I had a little line of oil in the exhaust tube that I could feel just enough to coat your finger.

So banks sidewinder turbo gets feed oil and has a purge just below it to return to the pan, however why would it purge oil pass the fins and into the exhaust pipe? Wouldn't that gum up the fins? Now its not Pouring out and I know with turbos (BMWs) that they burn oil and it gets caught in the intercoolers as well.

It spins fine and sounds great. I was able to test it out on the street and all feels right. I do get a 20 sec mean cloud of blue smoke on start up. Again a 1/4 mile down the road and its business as normal smoke wise.

Just curious if anyone with the Banks has seen a similar issue. I am doing a Passenger side 3" stack just behind the antenna post. At the 90 degree bend I may install a weep hole with a capped fitting to see if it will collect oil over time.

DDT

It's a new kit with now 5 miles on it. It's very slight but I will remove the down pipe and look at the turbo itself

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will get some oil blow by untill the turbo gets hot. The seals will expand and seal off. They look like little piston rings. That really doesen't sound too excessive with only 5 miles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks