• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barn find....worth anything?

Ridgerunner

I was at a guy's (in his 70's)house to pick up a hydraulic scissor hoist, to turn my bobbed Deuce into a dumper. Any ways, when we went into his barn to get the hoist, I spotted some Olive Drab, in the back corner of his barn. It was an old Dodge M37. I inquired about it, and this is what I was told.

He had bought it many years back. He had it imported form Israel. It had been in the desert, so the metal body is solid, but the all the fabric covering the seats, and the wood floor in the bed had dry rotted away. When it was getting shipped back to the States, they were required to puncture and drain the fuel tank. He said time had passed him by, he turned into an old man before he knew it, and now is not capable of restoring it like he once invisioned.

Said it runs and drives good, and runs it down the county road about once a year, just to keep the parts moving free and and let the oil splash around in the engine, transmission and axles.

Told me if i was interested in it, he'd sell it to me. As he'd like to see it go to a good home.

I don't know anything about them, or what their worth. Any sugestions

It does have a title.

Attachments

Last edited:

91W350

I think that is an incredible story. Those things were in fire stations all across the US, why he brought one home from over seas... Not doubting his word at all! It does appear to be very solid, good tins are hard to find. Glen

Back again... when did they build the curved bottom edge windshield. I thought they were flat like a deuce or M715.

Last edited:

motomacguyver

Don't know much about the m37 but the local junkyard has one for 6500$. I haven't inspected it but suspect it's in worse shape.

I would NOT restore it, if it runs and drives; look at the current motorcycle trend. Unrestored old stuff goes for WAY more than restored. It's only original once. 2cents

Atwater

:drool: not sure on fair-market value. personally i do not have the extra cash or space so i cant back up any "its worth X " comments.;)(ditto on the no resto idea, its only original condition once)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not a Dodge expert by any means but I don't think that is an M37. WC something! Pretty rare in such nice condition.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that is a ww2 wc-?? not an m37, it does look cool though. Price wise it can vary alot.

Last edited:

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definately not an M37, though similar. The M37 bed floor is steel, not wood. The bed fenders are not the same, the hood is different, etc. It does look like a great project though. If the asking price is reasonable I would grab it up......

123mack

It's not a M-37, its older. Looks a lot like the WW2 G-502 series. Yours has the same horizontal louvers as a G-502, but the brushguard is a little different. Also, I don't know if wartime production had "Dodge" stamped on the front. In any case it predates the M-37.
As far as the writing, thats not Arabic.

Bill W

Its a M-601 also known as a "Special Dodge Power Wagon Truck", these were part of the Goverments Post WWII Military assistance Program ( M.A.P.) to help friendly nations with mil vehicles. Its bacicly a 1950's Dodge Power Wagon ( T137 ) fitted with a military body. The Operators TM I have for this vehicle is TM 9-8854 ( 1957 ).
P.S. Nice find![thumbzup]

P.S.S. TM 9-8855 also lists it as a "Modified" M-37

Last edited:

rwbrown72

I have room for it! (little angel appears of right shoulder...."the boss says enough green trucks")

These are hard to find...(little red devil appears on left shoulder with a strange similarity to wreckerman..."don't worry, your losing your a$$ in the stock market so go ahead and buy it. It's a better investment than Bank Of America! It needs to be saved and your not getting any younger!)

Dang flash backs! :shock:

Wish I could have it, but alas it's not to be. Find it a home for it. Someone on here will pick it up if you don't. You get first shot! Go for it!:beer:

goldneagle

One thing for sure, it is not HEBREW! I can still read Hebrew and those are not hebrew letters. It may be Indian or far east lettering. Different from arabic....

Atomic

I would get it it if he doesn't want an arm and leg. There is one in TX that is rusted badly and he wants 7-8,000 for it. You just don't see them here in the US. Now that is a great barn find!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks