• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow, CA to SE Idaho

ackcarus

I just got a deuce at GL in Barstow, is anyone one coming out of that area to SE Idaho? I can of course help with all aspects of the job. At the moment I have no way of hauling or towing. Thanks: PM please.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! Does the truck run? I'm on the way to and from Barstow. If you drive it back and have issues, I can help you out. Got a paid invoice yet?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Floyd said:
Dan: Good looking truck. I'd offer to help but the site manager has an order out to shoot me on sight or site. :shock:

Floyd
What did you do?, steal one of Dave's twinkies?........

Seriously though, expect NO help from GL at Barstow, if you can't get him on the phone, or return calls, email him and CC the corporate HQ. Worked for me after trying to get ahold of him by phone for 3 days.

ackcarus

I've tried to call before and stopped after a couple of days. The truck in the picture is the one I have at home. It was lonely so I got it a brother, that's in barstow.

jason@snakeriver

Daniel,
Give Harvey Hansen in Malad a call at 208-339-3276 cell. Tuesday the 25th he was just leaving for LA.
He does all my hauling and brought up 2 M-813's for me last fall out of Barstow. He knows the ropes.
I found you in the phone book, but still don't understand where you are at. I am east of Ashton, I run 5- 800 series. Give me a call anything 208-313-7300 cell. Tom @ Snake River

jason@snakeriver

BTW - the site manager at Barstow is a lazy SOB, Harvey said that they used to have a large crane that would just lift the dead trucks up onto the semi trailers. Now you have to figure it out yourself.
When I got my M-813's, we were lucky that one ran, and he pulled the 2nd truck up on the trailer with the running truck. The 2nd truck had -ALL- of the fluids dropped out. What a da-ned stupid idea.
No sense in Pis--ing off the site manager, let Harvey or someone schoomse the turd head. Tom @ Snake River

ackcarus

Thanks… from the sound of it, I don’t think I’ll get much help from them. How hard is it going to be to get an appointment (anyone know)? If the time is consistent, I should get my EUC for the truck back next week some time. I want to get down there ASAP before anything goes missing. I also need to run up to Malmstrom when they open again. I had an appointment drove to Montana and they closed the base until next week, that sucked…

Bozor1000

So Barstow GL is a lazy SOB? I'm going to pick up my m1008 as soon as my paperwork clears than I'm going to see if my brother-in-law will pick it up for me with his flatbed tow truck. If that doesn't work, I'll have my friend pick it up with his heavy duty tow truck.

MilitaryRestoration

yup... we did... we took everything we had pretty much and then took a stab at it...but father and i have quite a few years of combined mechanical experience so makes it nice. And then we figured if couldn't get it going we'd just tow it to a storage unit and go from there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks