• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow help!

Navy dude

This is a post I made elsewhere just now, but see this might be a more appropriate place to put it:

There is a guy with yard in Barstow and Fontana who has a crate with a part I would really like to buy. Understandably he wants cash at pickup. I live on the east coast not far from Philly (obviously I want this part!) but trying to figure a way to get this thing from his yard to a freight shipper like YRC. I am certainly willing to pay for your time and effort. The guy's name is Tom, and someone out there might know him, I'm guessing not too many guys out there own yards with surplus stuff piled up. The logistics are becoming a pita but I'm not deterred. The crate is not small, guessing 5X6X4 high, probably 900 lbs but he has a forklift and the load could be made smaller if removed from crate. I'd have to get you the $ for the part as well as $ for your work. Any help greatly appreciated. Please PM me with any ideas. Thanks, guys!

reset2

Is it a secret part? Most on the site are always interested in surplus stuff. Anyway did you check out the satellite pictures of the Barstow military yard. I'm impressed enough to put barstow on my bucket list. Live in Maryland but a trip sometime in a year or two.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FLYINGWRENCH

This is a post I made elsewhere just now, but see this might be a more appropriate place to put it:

There is a guy with yard in Barstow and Fontana who has a crate with a part I would really like to buy. Understandably he wants cash at pickup. I live on the east coast not far from Philly (obviously I want this part!) but trying to figure a way to get this thing from his yard to a freight shipper like YRC. I am certainly willing to pay for your time and effort. The guy's name is Tom, and someone out there might know him, I'm guessing not too many guys out there own yards with surplus stuff piled up. The logistics are becoming a pita but I'm not deterred. The crate is not small, guessing 5X6X4 high, probably 900 lbs but he has a forklift and the load could be made smaller if removed from crate. I'd have to get you the $ for the part as well as $ for your work. Any help greatly appreciated. Please PM me with any ideas. Thanks, guys!

I have property near Barstow and reside in the valley (near Fontana) ,, what is it you need? I may be able to help, I've purhased plenty through GL in the past and transported it out of a dozen or so locations including the MCLogistics Base east of Barstow, I enjoy turning wrenchs on this old retired Mil Spec rolling stock, restored and own a few, so I understand the fix-up-fever-parts-logist-distance thing so !!! No promises, but I'm listening,,. what are the details of the task you need accomplished, timing? contacts? etc, maybe I can help,, (FYI- don't believe I know the Tom of your discription or the shipper 'YRC',, don't know them all but there is no shortage of terminals in Fontana, most major names and others., some years ago was told the intrsection of the I-10 and I-15 (Fontana) is World class in commercial truck traffic .)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks