• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow to camp delta (lodi ca)

JRMITTS

Hi All,

I have a M105A2 trailer sitting at the Marine Logistics base in Barstow CA and was wondering if anyone planning on coming up to Camp Delta during the week of April 18 and could drag it up here for me.

I will gladly make a contribution to their fuel costs.

Thanks,

JR

JDToumanian

As I have explained to JR via PMs, I am willing to haul the trailer to Tower Park but I cannot go to Barstow this week.... If someone can get the trailer from Barstow to the Hesperia / Victorville area, I can take it from there. :-D

Jon

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can make time to get the trailer. PM me the details. It is about a 220 mile R/T for me with my little truck which gets about 18 empty and 14 towing.

LMK.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,

I have a M105A2 trailer sitting at the Marine Logistics base in Barstow CA and was wondering if anyone planning on coming up to Camp Delta during the week of April 18 and could drag it up here for me.

I will gladly make a contribution to their fuel costs.

Thanks,

JR
PM sent

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty smooth recovery by GL standards. Rolled out of Wildomar at 0600 and made a divert to the PO to pay the F ing IRS. Check dropped, bank account empty I rolled north on the I15 in no hurry. Hit the base at 0730 and made a pit stop at the commissary to stretch my legs and use the head (it's on the outside).

Made my way to the GL secret hideout about 0745 with the paperwork. Dave gave me the stock sign in speech even though he has seen me there plenty of times. He had no time for small talk and got a hold of Tim who was signing out a forklift. The white board in the office still has the same "motivational" goals for each team member (except Dave) written on it. Tim's is to reduce mistakes. Nice having that out for everyone to see each day.

Tim showed up and double checked my sign in. He asked me to write down my license plate number. I had to explain to him (again) that I did - I have personalized plates. I asked him which lot - the new dirt lot or the old paved one and he said it was in the dirt lot. Reminded me to follow him. Once he drove past my truck he stopped to take a 5 minute phone call. Then drove back around the dock (instead of walking 20 feet up the ramp) and went back inside. 10 minutes later we were at the dirt lot. I hung out while he moved the temp barriers that serve as a gate. We went in and then he suddenly remembered he moved it to the other lot last Friday.

Off we went to the other lot and it's locked gate. He turned around to retrieve the key. Once the gate was unlocked he left again to return the key. All of this might have bothered me if I had something else to do or if I was new to GL, but I just turned up the radio and went with the flow.

Inside the lot finally he had me stop while he took the forklift on a few laps of the trailers. Once he found the right one he forklifted right to me and easily dropped it on my open pintle.

I signed and then drug it off the lot to look it over. New tires, brakes released ok, nothing falling off, only one fork lift dent total. I rigged the temp lights, checked them and rolled off base. After one quick stop to check hub temps I made great time to Jon's in Hesperia. He was outside when I rolled up and directed me past his beautiful deuce that he is prepping for the Tower Park trip.

We got my lights stowed and the trailer dropped. I think I slowed him down by over an hour with my non stop MV chatter. Jon even totally hooked me up with a new springer seat shock. Thanks again man!

Not a bad day at all.