• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Base X shelter won!

coyotegray

I got lucky enough to find and win a complete Base-X 203 series shelter at OKC GL, when I picked it up there was two pallets of stuff. Got home and started going through it all and BONUS.....there was another complete Base-X 305 series shelter menus the liner!!!!

Not even sure how these made it to the auction....they are current use tents....can't find them for sale anywhere. Anyone else ever seen a base-x shelter at the auction?

Very nice...

I saw those were up but I was focused on other "hardware"

Poccur

They are pretty easy

Stretch the tent out flat, bounce it as you do, pull the legs all the way out
Lock the outer hubs
Lift one side by lifting in the door ways, lift till legs 'click' and lock (check under velcro tabs to be sure they are locked)
Lock all the other hubs underneath
Hang the liner on the loops under the hubs, starting at the lowest point of the roof and working up
Pop up last side, drop the sides, zip the doors
STAKE IT !!! They are the best tents on the market but please stake it down..

Any problems PM me...
Enjoy, I have lived in these shelters overseas and recommend them always.

hwcurtice

THANK YOU so much DUG, I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!!! Jane would KILL me if we screwed up a new tent, it is our first new military tent. The GP small we have, even though it has the rubberized coating, stinks and leaks in the stitched seams. I woke up last year in a 1" deep puddle after a hard rain. :(

Yes Scott, I've been looking for several years now and we finally pulled the trigger on a new one. It's a 205 that is 14' x 25' feet inside the liner. It's in the BIG box in the picture. :shock: :beer: The box and tent weigh 1050 lb., thank goodness for the crane!
Now if only he'd remembered to use the crane to offload those certain special items....

But thats another thread....

Stalwart

Thank you Poccur, that is stated nicely, much a better synopsis than in the manual. We got some 305 end panels that we will be using as an internal divider between or sleeping area and cooking area. Got some 2" self adhesive commercial velcro to hold it in place after trimming to fit.

Sorry Scott, you gotta laugh though, that or drink another beer. I think you'll like the "certain special items" that Harold mentioned, they are kinda cool, even if Jane HATES them now.

Stalwart

UPDATE: We just spent a week in the 205 shelter and it is AWESOME! At 14' x 25' it gave us a cooking and sleeping area. :jumpin:

bigrigkyle402

hey there I just purchased a base x 203 but when I got home and set it up I was missing both ends of the tent any idea where I can order those and a liner and what is the sister company in the us to base x I have tried looking on base x website but not having much luck when it comes to finding parts any help would be excellent thanks

FloridaAKM

I picked up a Base x 203 in the crate from GL last year & winched it into the back of my deuce for camping. It is still there due to being too heavy to move around with one person. It doesn't look used & came with the inspection report that it is all there.

Several years ago, I put up an expandable tent @ the Florida winter show everybody loved it. When the show was over, there was nobody to help take it down or put it back into the truck. Won't make that mistake again. I sold that tent in place & helped the new owner pack it up to go home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks