• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Basic Tester Needed for Testing Both Positive and Negative DC Circuits

NotThatGuy

I was taught that you Buy a Quality Tool only ONCE. Its worth the Time, Labor and Headaches to have good tools.

One of the easiest and best tools that I've carried is a Circuit Tester that reacts to both the Positive, (Energized +) and the Negative (Ground Return -).

The one thing you need to add is several lengths of Jumpers so that you can get a solid connection at the Battery and be able to walk around the Truck and get to the place where you need to probe/test. You should always make your Teat Light connection direct to the Battery(ies).

This Circuit Tester will allow you to test both Power and Continuity to Ground with one probe.

Napa Auto Parts a similar one and it comes with a Storage case and two Power Source connection options, (Cig Lighter End and 3 Clamp Ends).
https://www.innova.com/products/smart-test-light-3420?pr_prod_strat=use_description&pr_rec_id=bd6c95b81&pr_rec_pid=4623103426606&pr_ref_pid=4623104868398&pr_seq=uniform

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks