• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries and cables stolen at Anneville

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
What a crock my M109 sits at Anneville Truck Runs says GL all battery cables and both batterys are gone two empty spots next to mine someone stole the batteries and cables and my sons left it there. What can I do to get this out of there and not loose it to the demons of GL? If anyone can pick it up and keep it till next weekend my boys will bring batteries and cables up and get it recovered.

It is just too hard being 9,000 miles away

dm22630

The GL yards that I have been to are locked up. AND....when stuff comes up missing, MOST of the time it is because the GL site manager lets soldiers on the base come in and take what they want. I just had this discussion with a GL site manager who had 2 soldiers come tell him to let them in the GL lot "cause they needed some parts"....he refused & said "they are MY trucks".....and the soldiers reply was "but the last sight manager let us take what we wanted".

This IS a GL issue. Specifically, THE SITE MANAGER at THAT site.

The simple way to address this would be to write a detailed complaint to SPECIFIC higher-ups at GL (CEO, board of directors, etc) AND the people in charge of DRMO that award GL the contract to sell the stuff. People in their positions do NOT like to hear from "little people" & will yell at the people underneath of them for letting this (your complaint to them) happen.

AND....if you post who you sent the letter/email to & how to contact them....we could do the same thing. Eventually they will get pissed & take care of the problem.

It only takes one memo from them to the site managers, which specifically says "NO PARTS TO BE REMOVED" to get this problem largely fixed.

2cents

AaronW

What a shame. I can understand why you feel so frusterated being so far away. I would like to think that if this happened to me here at Ft. Lewis the GL staff would help out in returning the truck to its condition at bid time. I'm not sure if they have any power to help out or any supply of spares. I know it would not be acceptable to rob another truck.

I hope things work out next weekend.

OLDCHEV4X4

Can the boys go to RC and get someone to help there? Its close by.
And mabey they could park them at RC if they get them going with borrowed parts.

dc3coyote

Sorry to hear about that, maybe I am one of the lucky ones who has always had good luck with GL, I have even had a pick up where they put more stuff in my truck before I picked it up, I got new seat backs, and a vinyl top, since the Canvas one was missing.
but I dont want to ruin my luck since I have to pick up two more trucks when I get home.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I am cooled down now just was a little bent when I heard they left it there. We all know that if the batteries are dead then we brought a credit card so batteries are getting bought and installed. I am a bit upset at my sons for not being a little more persitant with the GL guy there in getting the truck running. Christian tells me he will head up again on next Friday so if GL is customer friendly they will let it sit and wait for Friday as well.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm sorry you had problems David, I've experienced the same thing, parts removed from the truck between the GL ad and when I went to look at it.

I hope you have better luck with GL waiting than I have.

Ed

Kwai

Should have just "borrowed " the stuff from another truck to get your truck running. When I picked up my M818 it had headlights but they were unplugged and held in by 1 screw. I am sure the originals were used to get someone elses truck road worthy.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will not screw another person like that I would have been able to recover it if I had been there it must be the difference between my generation and the Xbox one. I am sure the truck will be find but with it being robbed like that I hope they do not find it missing more items it was such a cherry truck from the pictures

HeadWizard

Sorry to hear of your loss...

I had stuff taken from an M35A2 at Anneville also - batteries and box, alternator and bracket, compressor, power and start switch. Filing a claim was a waste of time. I ended up having H&S Towing pick the truck up off base for me.

DO NOT assume that GL will hold the truck for you. Call Amanda at the Mechanicsburg site and/or Mike who goes up to handle the pick ups at Anneville and make sure they know you are still picking it up. I just had someone at Mechanicsburg mark 2 items I won worth $550 as abandoned - even though I had arranged to pick up said items this week. I just filed a claim on them and was told it would be a minimum of 15 business days for them to figure out they screwed up. While I wait, they have my money.

I'm not sure if it's a scam, incompetence or just miscommunication on GL's part.

CALL THEM!

dk8019

David,

Sorry to hear about the battery issues, they are headed back to put new ones it, correct? I can't say that Mike would have let someone take them off the trucks, he was pretty clear that I should stay with my truck when I was there, I had asked about looking around at the other stuff and taking pictures in the hope that something there would come up for sale. I would bet on it being someone on base needing the parts. One thing that's unclear to me though, can't a deuce run without batteries? A slave cable would allow you to start it and drive it to batteries etc.

Stalled

2 exhaust stacks stolen in last batch.???? someone got 1 shackle also.I have only dealt with Mike 1 time,but didnt seem like the type that would LET them carry our stuff off.Actually seemed like a pretty good fellow.He helped us get them jump started ect.I want a slave cable setup

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
David,
If the boys want to stop by my place on the way up they can take the cables and batteries out of one of my M109s. They can bring them back when they bring the truck back.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
jcappeljr said:
David,
If the boys want to stop by my place on the way up they can take the cables and batteries out of one of my M109s. They can bring them back when they bring the truck back.
David
i am waiting on the paperwork for my deuce and am not driving it. If the cables and batteries out of my deuce will fit, feel free to have your sons come over to the house and remove them and just replace them when they get back. ( I am guilty of not reading the M109 TM). John saved my son's butt several weeks ago and if I can help anyone here I will. I was so sorry to hear about the incompetence of GL. Dudley

beaubeau

The Deuce will run with No batts. The lights and Gauges won't work. Good to have members offer their help. I do remember it was a Tight area and may be difficult to Pull start, but there is always a way. I don't know if you can start with a Slave cable because the cable is hooked to the Batt. cables, I believe!!??? Good luck Armyman, Phil
PS, I agree with others about Mike, he woukd not allow any one to "BORROW" When I was there, anyonyone could walk from the parking lot to the right of the guard shack. That is where I waited for Mike when I was there. I believe you can actually drive in. If someone had a M1008, they could drive right in and no one would even bat an eye. Some people have no conscience and would do anything!

MoAllen

Ask the guys in the yard, to replace them off another truck that has not made the listings yet, that way you are not taking from another mans truck, Until they turn the trucks over to the GL site person They are still the governments.I dont deal with the gl person when I go pick up stuff I deal with the yard manager.
Allen

mbwarner

When I picked up my truck at Ft. Lewis the only thing missing was an instrument cluster light cover.

At Ft. Lewis, the GL yard is several hundred yards separated from DRMO, but is unsupervised. The GL folks there are always on a dead run, but offered any help I needed to get the truck running, but we had brought everything we might need, including spare tire, two good batteries, gear oil, 24 volt lamps and a headlight, airhose, glad hand, tools and diesel. Didn't need any of it.

Stalled

Now i am worried about the winch truck thats waiting on EUC.If its not all there,I wont sign for it I guess.I should not have signed for the winch's this week either,but was kinda fed up at that point.By the way,the winch went in the scrap pile(really,it was junk) the box it came in was kinda cool......

FrankUSMC

I am also one of the lucky ones with GL here. They destroyed my tail lights on my M109 truck while moving it for loading while I was there. A couple of weeks later I was picking up some stuff and they had some canvas that did not sell. The GL walked over to me and asked if I wanted it, to cover for my lost taillights. They gave me the canvas and alpolgized again for breaking the tail lights. Good guys.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure your boys would have had much time at Annville to work on it once they found the missing hardware. Mike is only there on Fridays until 9 am or so. I got there right at 9 and he still left me recover. Nothing was missing, unless the toolbox was full and now missing, but he kinda stuck around while we got it running. My stack was removed but inside the cab. I was messing around with trying to put it on, but realized Mike was just waiting on me now so I threw it back in the cab and took off.

The GL yard at the gap is locked. I think the only other people with access would be yard managers from DRMO. Mike is only there a little on Monday's and a little on Fridays near as I can tell.

Call, or have your sons call (or I can call) Amanda and/or Mike (if you need numbers, let me know) to let them know you'll be back. It won't be a big deal. Not sure when your sons headed out, but I was there. Had we met up, I would have helped retrieve. At least pulled them to start and got them off base. I can't help this friday, or I would run up to meet them.

Hope all goes well.

Eco

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks