• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries for a M1009

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I want to pick up a new set of batteries before I head up to pick up my M1009 this week, and was wondering what you guys would suggest. I am not stuck on getting the orginal 6TL batteries. What battery sizes work best, and what would be the minimum amps for each battery? I was looking at the Optimas, but depending on price it might be cheaper to pick up a cheaper generic set from Costco.

BKinzey

Pick up Optimas from Costco. If you are planning a winch or other accessories get the Yellow Tops :D

IIRC they are $140 ea at Costco.

rgguin

I was in NAPA today and ask about commercial group 31 batteries. He quoted a ballpark price on $89 with over 900 cranking amps.

ecivic

I was doing a search and this is the most information pertaining to batteries. So......
I decided to do a search for batteries, calling internet and even in shop. These were some of the prices that I found.

NAPA, 875 CCA, $159.00
Optima, D31T, Yellow top, 900 CCA $229.00
Interstate, MT-78, 700 CCA, $102.00
Interstate, MTP-78, 800 CCA, $116.00
K-mart, T75, 750 CCA, $75.00
Advance Auto Parts, 34/78-4, 800 CCA, $90.00

In my option Interstate battery has the best all around options, warranty, CCA, CA, and Price.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's always a bit like a slap in the chest when one of these threads comes up and you first see the name of one of our lost members, but it is good that they are in a way still with us and will long be remembered.

Cheers