• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries Just Failed

dabtl

I do not recall when I bought my winch deuce and a half. Four or five years ago at the least. It was my second and a good buy at $1250 from GL in OKC.

The batteries failed on Saturday. I thought I had replaced them some time back.

Turns out the Continental 6TL were in the truck when I bought it! I did not realize it until I saw a battery connector fixed in a manner I would not have done. I had bought terminal clamps for the first shortly after the purchase and put in it BCI 27 batteries a couple of years ago. Apparently, the 6TLs I had in that one failed after a couple of years and I replaced them with BCI 27 batteries.

That is the problem with too many deuce and a halfs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
DA
Did you ever locate any 9x20 tire flaps, their like hen's teeth.
JC

Really?! Search ebay with "900r20 flap".
I would think with all the guys going to 395s you putting a wanted ad up for tubes and/or flaps should be fulfilled pretty quickly.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy,
I have been all over the web searching for flaps. Several tire companies led to dead ends. On the bay daily, plenty of tubes, no flaps. Got any?
JC

I just had to replace mine. NAPA had the best deal on them in my area due to the 3 year warranty and $40 core return credit. Mine literally were fine one day and then dead the next.