• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries

coachgeo

captured springs point to either an offroad tanker truck or an Adventure Camper. If a camper....... ... there is also a forum in here for Military Campers that would love a discussion on what your up too. Well on second thoughts..... even if it is a tanker the info on your mount system would still help the camper builders

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But - why? Just adds needless complexity. I don't see the benefit - I'm skeptical of the marketing BS. Not an ideal location and what the hell is with the hose management here? More thought should go into installation and routing - honestly would have been better to just forget about it altogether but I digress....

GTRealest911

But - why? Just adds needless complexity. I don't see the benefit - I'm skeptical of the marketing BS. Not an ideal location and what the hell is with the hose management here? More thought should go into installation and routing - honestly would have been better to just forget about it altogether but I digress....
The hose routing of hydraulic pump is temp. i upgraded my fuel tank to 95 Gallons. The captured springs are original to chassis,my truck was former mobile command center, it was missing from chassis when i saw it on Iron Planet.

Ronmar

Ok, of all the messed up things I have seen people do to diesel fuel systems, not understanding fully how they work, I am finally able to say this isn’t so bad… the pump looks like it has adequate flow(100-165GPH?) usually what I see is someone throwing one of those autozone inline diesel pumps in there not realizing they cannot flow enough fuel to allow the pressure regulator to reach its specified pressures. starving MUI or HEUI injectors for fuel will kill them…

I do wonder how the 15ish psi this pump delivers will effect the way the pressure regulator controls the pressure in the injector gallery/fed to the injectors. You need to measure the secondary fuel pressure between governor and secondary fuel filter. There is a test port on a T fitting for this purpose. Should be ~20PSI at idle and ramp smoothly up to ~60PSI by peak torque/1550 RPM… i suspect it is probably running higher. How this will effect operations I am not sure, too much pressure could effect cup and injector sealing ability forcing fuel past the seals into the cylinder or out the top, or into the coolant…

I like Generals question, why? The cat fuel system is just fine and the injector operation and tune are based on its specific operation and pressure delivery, especially in the mechanically governed diesel. The only issues I have seen with it stem from lack of maintenance and mis-diagnosis of leaks allowing air in…

Third From Texas

I'd need to add a skid plate under those filters.

Because I scrape stuff with my truck and those look important to keeping it running.

Not knocking the relocate, though. I've seen some crazy relocation of the hydraulics and air filters.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks