• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries!!

swyne

Quick question, I received 2 6TMF Exide 12 volt batteries. They are both dead. One has 3 volts the other has 5 volts. I've tried charging them. They both are filled with acid. They won't charge. The dates are '05 and '06. They are in very nice shape. My question is..
Is there any chance of bringing these things back to life? if so how? Thanks

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They probably have bad cells if they won't take a charge. Take them to a battery shop, such as Interstate and have them tested.

Westech

CPL
yes take them to batteries plus or a store like that and them redo them. what they do is drain the fluid, add some power cleaner and wash it all out. refill and charge up.

kaiser2help

Yes its possible to desulfate these batteries. You will need to obtain a manual battery charger that has low amper choices. Preferably 1.0 , 1.5, or2.0. Put one on at a time and give it a week. If they do not come back from this the lead plates are too clogged with sulfate. Also yes during this charging period like mentioned from another post. Let the battery drop 6'' inches from the floor. This will also aid in breaking up the sulfate.