• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Box repair / mod for third battery

59apache

Chipmaker
gentlemen, here some pics of my repair / mod on the battery box.
the bottom was rotted, so i'v to repair it. i cut it with a disc wheel , leave a small ( 3/4" ) part, made a new sheet metal, make an offset with a beadroller , drill some holes in 3/8 " and weld it in (you can see the small spots). the reinforcements on the floor are now made out of square tube with a cutout for the original hooks.
the hold down was missing, so i made one out off angle iron ( 1 1/4 ) and round iron ( 5/8 ). now i've space for 3 equals batteries.

thats it.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice work-thanks for sharing.

Kohburn

similar to how i did mine...

I didn't use the stock type hold down, not enough room between matteries to get the verticles though witht he batteries i chose. Also didn't do a flat bottom because i wanted better drainage and acid removal. used angle iron to divide it into 3 equal sized trays to hole the batteries in place. with one bar across the top to secure it all. only one wingnut to remove to pull batteries out.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks