• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Box

shadowdd

I was curious about the batter box in my M923A2. Are they fully sealed from water and if so is there any PM that needs to be done? I searched the TMs and found how to replace it and such but no information on if it is sealed for water penetration.

Thanks,

Bryan

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

The box has holes in the bottom of it for drainage. It depends on how deep in water you get it.
If you mean is it protected from water that might get in through the roof or windows I would say yes.
I personally think it was idiotic to put the batteries in the passenger compartment due to battery off gassing but it's not the first idiotic design where military vehicles are concerned.
I plan to relocate the batteries on my M927A2.

Alexsha

I plan on getting a battery box from a m915/m916/m920 and replacing the large storage box on the passenger side. I'll probably add a check valve drain and some kind of raised vent.

Doug Roberts

the box does vent gas out the rear of the cab. Batteries I've replaced in there have vent tubing you can actually lead right to it. There is often a hole to lead communication hookup , I'd be sure to plug that one

shadowdd

Ok, good to know. I was just checking because I am going to be swapping out all the seats for individual buckets and wanted to know if I needed to seal everything back up. Sounds like I'll be filling the holes with silicone and also watching how the new seats are bolted in so I don't come close to the battery posts.

Thanks, Bryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks