• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

battery cable problem

jmsneorrcom

84 M1009 - would not start so I replace all the battery cables(started right up) - now the Generator 1 light is on - batterys are fully charged and it seems the alternator is charging - any Ideas? - thanks

Oldsouthernboy

OH I know what you mean. My Alt was the same on the #1 light on. It checked out good, but I pulled it and had a alt shop check the alt out. The internal voltage regulator was shot so were the diodes. Cost me 76.00 for a rebuild.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM 9-2320-289-34 has a section for disassembling the alternator and testing the components.

The Diode-trio is one of the items that fails and is cheap to replace. It has been discussed many times.

Here is a company that I and many others have used. You can buy the entire rebuild kit or just the pieces.

High Output Alternators - Alternator Parts - Starter Parts - Repair kits - DELCO 27SI HEAVY DUTY REPAIR KIT

High Output Alternators - Alternator Parts - Starter Parts - Repair kits - DIODE TRIO