• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Charger Output on MEP 003A

60Hertz

I recently started and AC load tested my "new" 003A genset, but could not determine whether the onboard battery charging system was working. The voltage at the two brand new batteries was 24.1 VDC while the machine was running. (The 15Amp charging fuse is OK). I would have predicted it should have been 2.2 X 12 = 26.4 VDC. Has anyone tested their battery voltage, and what was it? And by the way, the genset picked up and carried the AC load with no problems at all.
Thank You.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the voltage should be about 26.4 volts at the batteries when the set is running. Since the fuse is good, the TM has a pretty good troubleshooting section for the charging system.

EO2NMCB

I had my gauge stop working while running my mep002 out in the woods this past weekend. Got out the dmm and checked my batterys and they were right at 27 volts while running. At which time a said a thank you prayer.

PsycoBob

Yet another reason why I buy $2.99 Harbor Freight multimeters. Toss one in every electrical item's toolbox. I'm still arguing with the carb on my -025. :( Nice little 28v set, if I can get it working.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Floats swell on them, I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks