• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Compartment Hangers

vandusen454

Whats the odds of straightening the hangers off the frame that hold the battery compartment . Or just replace ? Mine seems to be pushed back and up against the fuel tank . I don't want it to rub a hole in the tank . I tried pushing it forward with a porta power , but the hanger and step want to rise up more than forward . I've got an 1/16 inch clearance between the step and tank for now . Is this enough ? What were the original gaps ? 1/2'' ??

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you just move your tank back a bit?

vandusen454

Well now I feel like an idiot ! Thanks .. Overthinking the problem , I'm new to the M35 world guess I got a lot of tricks to learn ... I'm use to working on Street rods and Hot Rods , Not bent or misaligned parts .

vandusen454

Ok, I loosened the straps on the tank and used the porta power on the bottom edge of the tank and pushed against the front tire ! Tank slid over about 1/4 inch . fuel outlet bung and filler neck limit how far over the tank can move .. Anyway I got a got solid 1/4 or so inch gap between the tank and the step now ! I feel better about not rubbing a hole in the tank now .. Tightened the straps and now time to move on to something else ... Thanks doghead for your opinion on the matter !!!

vandusen454

Good point texas30cal . Every action has a equal reaction ! I went back and looked at the copper lines . They are off center now , but not touching the hole in the frame . The rubber grommet in the frame is Hard as a Rock ! I will add a piece of rubber hose over the copper line to protect it .

vandusen454

OCD got me ! I took it all apart today ! Removed the brackets pushed pulled and beat , got it pretty straight , had to add a few washers between the frame and bracket to act as a shim to get the brackets the same height . I got them with in 1/8 inch and called it good .. Painting everything inside the battery box with POR 15 before reassembly . I may be able to slide the Fuel tank back to it's original spot now ? I got good even gaps all round .. Sometimes it's worth the work to satisfy one's self !!

JDToumanian

OCD got me ! I took it all apart today ! Removed the brackets pushed pulled and beat , got it pretty straight... ...Sometimes it's worth the work to satisfy one's self !!
It would bug me too. I've had excellent results using strategically placed bottle jacks and 4x4 blocks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks