• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

battery connections

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more thing, you have posted on more than one thread, for this one issue. This is against the rules(for several reasons). Please stop doing this.

I will attempt to either move them all into one thread or delete them now.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that didn't work, oh well.

Keep posting your issue in this thread. Do not post in more than one thread about the same issue.

RicheyOne

Sure no problem... I'm new on this site. Thanks for the info.. This site is great... And, I greatly appreciate the help that I have been getting...

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OW!!!! I have done that, but not that bad. Now I close my door when I leave to do something.

On your wiring you may have a bad black box. When you turn the power sw on do you see any gauges move?

RicheyOne

I don't see any gauges moving when the I turn the battery power switch on. It's weird to me, because it ran flawless 150 miles home, and once I got home I cut it off and tried to restart but it dragged like the batteries were weak which I knew already. I took 4 u6tl out and replaced with 2 950 cca batteries and nothing.

tobyS

Sorry about your door-head collision. No pain....

From here on I think having a multi-meter is necessary...or at least helpful. You need to see if your getting voltage and where. And using continuity, you can tell if you have an open circuit or closed. Do you have a multi-meter that has a buzzer for continuity? If it is making connection it will buzz and have a zero resistance, thus you have a connection. If silent, there is no electrical connection.

Re cleaning, take your connections apart and use a knife, file or stiff wire brush terminal cleaner to take any built up corrosion off. You will likely go through the crimp-on connector's silver coating and see the raw copper. On the lead parts, go to shiny metal on the lug and the terminal. Make flat surfaces where the bolts have dug in. Of particular importance is the battery wire to frame connection, they build up an insulating coating at the copper to steel face and both must be cleaned to bare metal for a proper connection. I use anti-corrosion electrical compound as I put it back together, giving each bare metal surface a good coat so corrosion will not form again. I even put washers on my bolt heads and nuts to distribute the joints pressure over the entire contact area. It prevents the bolt head or nut from deforming the connection and giving less surface to contact. You want a lot of (clean) surface touching that has full contact.

Have fun with your green truck...when your headache goes away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks