• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery cutoff switch

Amer-team

I fried two of the cutoffs with the screw on green cap in the M38A1. I think I had it between the two batteries, in the normal battery box location. Once I took them out, no problems.

On the M54, they took the regular dash flip switch, replaced it with a cat keyed switch on the dash and put the flip switch under the passenger seat as the cut off.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I put this switch on all my trucks. The pictures were taken before I painted the truck. The switch is in the ground line between the battery and ground. This is the same part number that CAT, IH use on their heavy equipment sometimes. You can get the switch from Eric's

Battery Master Disconnect Switch, 1331 / BA2205 / 16-03677

Attachments

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I have had good results with the Pollak brand battery disconnect switches. They come in both keyed and unkeyed versions, and seem to be well-made. Note that the keys are all the same and are simple warded keys, similar to the Cat ones. When my house was being built and the guys on site didn't have the key to the New Holland skid-steer with them, I found that its ignition switch used the same Pollak key, so I got it started for them without their needing to call the boss. ;) The Pollak switches show up on eBay, among other places. They're neither the cheapest switches nor the most expensive, but they seem to be the best-quality ones I've been able to reliably find so far.

I've had experience with both the green-knob and knife-switch disconnects that mount on the battery terminal. I consider them to be junk.

A while back, I picked up a Harbor Freight no. 66789 "Heavy Duty Battery Cutoff Switch" at the local HF store. I haven't used it yet, but it appears to be better-made than the usual electrical stuff at HF... maybe even good enough to use! It claims to have been made in India. Have any of y'all used this switch in diesel/MV applications? If so, how has it been holding up? I've had it sitting on my desk for a while, and so far it hasn't fallen apart from idly flipping the knob somewhat roughly.

I've seen and used HF's knock-offs of the Hella switches before. They don't show up on their web page now, so maybe they no longer carry them. I've used one for a light-duty application, but I wouldn't trust one in one of my MVs, or anything I care very much about. They seemed somewhat cheesy to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks