• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery disconnect switch .

Good and how are you all doing . Quick question- what are you guys using for a battery disconnect switch for the mep 002/003 generators ?
I have marine type battery terminals on my genset but I would like to add a disconnect switch .
If someone can provide a switch with a p/n I would appreciate it .
Thanks metalworker393

Chainbreaker , thanks for your response. I was looking at a battery kill switch I saw on Amazon, not too expensive and rated at 1000 amps but only for a few seconds.
I have my batteries off the skid in two plastic boxes . I had an oversized fuel tank made after hurricane Sandy years ago. Now I only have to fill it once a day if I'm running around the clock . In order to have a tank made that size I had to remove the batteries from the skid .

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same idea, better price. Did you have to fab up a mounting bracket or did it come with one?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want simple, inexpensive, and reliable but not glamorous, this type works fine. I've had one on mine for 8 years and it works well.

View attachment 839279
I had one of these on a set years ago, and it walked itself loose and caused some bad juju on the DC side with the intermittent voltage. Blew out the EMI filters on the pumps. I would not personally run this setup, but many do with success.

Kalistinikov

Saw this in your other thread. Fingered that's what it was. Neat. But I would miss the slave recpt.
The first time the batteries die, I have a strong feeling that I might regret it. But at the same time....it might help keep them from ever dying. It is far more convenient though then disconnecting the batteries for repairs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks