• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Drain on a Deuce

M35Brown

I see a slight drain on the front battery (the one with the Pos cable going to the starter) and have seen a post on this, I don't know where the draw is but it is there.

To fix this, I installed a CAT master switch, P/N 7N0718 for $66.88
I installed it on the right side firwall, just below the airfilter bracket.
I ran the battery to starter wire, from the battery to the CAT master switch, and then a new 3ft. wire from the CAT master switch to the starter.
Now I can cut it off, to stop the drain, and it gives me a key when I park it for safty. All CAT keys are the same, but I don't think the general public will have this key.

Carl_in_NH

A battery cut-off is a great idea for storage, anti-theft, and a host of other reasons.

You should go looking for the drain, however. If only one battery is going down, then it's an internal battery failure - in all other cases, both should be discharging.

Source of the drain should be easy to locate - there's not a lot that can go wrong. Several threads on this - speak up if you can't find what you're looking for with a search.

J3 Cub, eh? Once upon a lifetime ago I spent a lot of time in R-22s. Let's hear it for light aircraft!

M35Brown

I see a small differance in the front vs rear battery, it may be the battery, but I load tested both, and they check good, The draw is very low. My truck will start after sitting a couple of months, but does turn over slower. I think its OK, just remember reading a few past post on this, and thought everyone would like the info. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks