• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Drain

gcbennet

Out of nowhere my batteries died literally overnight. I pulled and recharged them and upon re-installation I heard the S3 clicking as I attached the neg connector. At first I thought the ignition switch was somehow left in the run position- but it was not. When I turned to the run, power comes on as per except the wait light doesn't come on. Has anyone had a similar occurrence of the S3 drawing power even when the switch is off?

DatGuyC

I have a KDS S3 in my hummer and have had to fix it twice. The first time it blew a diode and the second time one of the relays inside that operates the glow plugs failed and left the plugs on. Like you said it drained the batteries real quick. Luckily the internal parts arent anything super special and you can find them online. I did have someone that repairs circuit boards for a living fix it because I wasn't comfortable soldering on the board myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks