• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery hold down hardware missing, where can I source it?

blutow

Hookers and blow is cheaper than Hmmwv upgrades. I really enjoy this forum and so many issues get solved here. Probably 13 members do most of the solving and I really appreciate them.
I'm guessing that's highly dependent on what level you are going for (applies to both hookers and upgrades)....

+1 on the outstanding contributions make by forum members here. Reviewing this site was one of the things that took me "over the edge" when debating whether I wanted to get a hmmwv.

Action

Thanks. These look like a good solution that won't throw my OCD tendencies into a fit like cutting up some 2x4's or some other hack. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything like this. Do you know who makes/sells them?
Search web or auctions for “hmmwv battery adapter”.
Places with out of stock batteries usually only take a few days to get then.

blutow

Search web or auctions for “hmmwv battery adapter”.
Places with out of stock batteries usually only take a few days to get then.
Thanks. I found them at this site -

But I think I'm gonna ditch the deka's and go with the oreilly's or the napa 6tl's. After some light usaged and letting them settle a bit, it's appears that they are not well matched and I'm seeing significant voltage differences between the cells. One of them is hitting over 15v when charging while the other is around 13. One battery totally dead when it arrived from auction, who knows how long it sat like that.

blutow

I got brand new Hawkers for 947 shipped. I found cheaper ways from members here after the fact. I here about the wrong or weak batteries causing issues and I didn’t want to experience it. I have a new truck coming and I will order 2 more. Seems like any new 6tl batteries will be fine. Everyone can choose what they spend their money on and I chose batteries.
I'm still considering battery options and would like to check out the hawkers. Could you share what you've learned about getting them at the best price? Do you have a ballpark price on 2 shipped? I found their site online, but it looks like I need to call for a quote, but it sounds like you have it figured out. Thanks.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still considering battery options and would like to check out the hawkers. Could you share what you've learned about getting them at the best price? Do you have a ballpark price on 2 shipped? I found their site online, but it looks like I need to call for a quote, but it sounds like you have it figured out. Thanks.
Pm sent

blutow

After a bit of debate, I decided to go with the Hawker AGM batteries and I ordered them this week. $890 (including freight) + tax, so about 2x the cost of the Napa/Oreilley flooded acid options. They are made by the same company that manufacturers Odyssey AGM batteries and I've had really good longevity with Odyssey batteries in the past. I've got an 10+ year old Odyssey battery in a jet ski that is still going strong, hoping for similar results on the hawkers.

blutow

I've been trying to get the O'Reilly 6TLs since October with No Joy.

Are the Napa's for $40 more available at all?
From what I found, there are a few 6T flooded acid options -

$203 6TMFD from oreilly, weighs 52lbs
Not available when I checked recently

$214 "6TL" from oreilly weighs 73 lbs (same weight as the napa, I think it may be the same battery)
One available nearby, couldn't find another

$246 6T Battery from napa (also 73 lbs). This is manufactured by East Penn MFG company and you can find several other companies selling 6t's from East Penn at much higher price points. Again, I'm assuming these are all the same batteries, but not sure
My local Napa could find 1 nearby, but couldn't find another right away. They thought they could probably hunt another one down, but it would take a while

The hawkers I ordered are build to order and estimated ship date is last week of April. Summary - if you have an immediate need for 6T batteries, it can be a challenge.

Reactions: OBX

Action

I've been trying to get the O'Reilly 6TLs since October with No Joy.

Are the Napa's for $40 more available at all?
Are you going into a store and asking how long it will take to get them in? Or just looking at website? It took them just a few days to get them for me. At oreilley

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks