• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery hook up

jag7720

My truck has been converted to 12 volts.

Can I hook up my batteries straight to the power bars on th the firewall (each + to the power bar and each - to the power bar) and get the same effect as hooking them in parallel (+ to + and - to -)?

Is one better than the other would I get the same effect?

86m1028

My truck has been converted to 12 volts.

Can I hook up my batteries straight to the power bars on th the firewall (each + to the power bar and each - to the power bar) and get the same effect as hooking them in parallel (+ to + and - to -)?

Is one better than the other would I get the same effect?

Need alittle more info

How is it wired now ?
Has the glow plug resistor been bypassed ?

jag7720

It is + to + and - to -...yes the resistor has been eliminated.

It is a fully functional system... Just wanted to know if I can go straight to the power bar...i'd like to eliminate the cables having to hook to a battery terminal as it is always a weak connection...if I can go to the power bar from each battery then I get a stronger connection.

But if I lose cranking amps or something else i'll figure some better way to connect them

richingalveston

yes

yes you can hook both to power bar if you no longer have 24V system.
I would put both POS cables under same terminal with pos. to starter sandwitched between. this will allow the highest amps possible to go to your starter. do not spread them out on the bus bar it will only create more resistance.

mistaken1

The bar has a much larger cross-sectional area than the wires.

Your cross-sectional area is limited by the wires and the contact points of the terminals not the bar itself.

All electrical power panels are made of bars ....... think of an 800A service panel that has several 200A power panels fed from the bars via the bolt on circuit breakers.

Yes you can connect everything to the bar.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks