• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Issues

cdnm1009

Well my 1009 wouldnt start yesterday morning. Wouldnt jump start so I took both batteries into a shop to get them tested. The front one was putting out 800 CA I think and the other one was dead. They trinkle charged it over night and it was pooched.

So I have been reading on the forums about replacements and I jsut want to confirm a couple things

Most people recommend putting in the 6TL or group 31's but anything that puts out 800 CCA will do.

I guess my biggest question is will me replacing just one battery with a different type screw anything up?

I put in a Group 65 Energizer Battery 108-65N battery but put it beside my good 6TL battery. I am planning to match the 2 in a couple weeks. I found it had 850 CCA and a 3 year free replacement warranty which is just as good as the 31's I was offered from the battery shop at 160 bucks. The Energizer came in at 99. Gotta love the cost of crap up here.

Anyways I just wanna make sure I wont screw up anything running 2 different batteries for a couple weeks.

Thanks

Cucvnut

you should always replace them in pairs. any thing over 800 CCA is fine. also have your alts checked to make sure they are both charging.

cdnm1009

**** I was hoping people would say that. Is it an ASAP thing or can I run it like that for a week or 2?

Also before the battery issue when I started the truck the the GEN 1 light would come on but as soon as I gave it some gas it would go out. Now the same happens but the gen 2 light comes on and goes out right away, GEN 2 will go out when the voltmeter hits the green.

Thanks for your help Cucvnut

mistaken1

My CUCV came from the guard in great mechanical shape. It had (still has) a 6TL up front and it had a DEKA in back.

Left it that way for years until a few weeks ago when the DEKA died.

I put an interstate group 31 commercial battery in place of the dead DEKA.

Since each battery has it's own alternator I do not see the need for replacing batteries in pairs other than peace of mind that they will both last for x number of years (assuming nothing kills them).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks