• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery kill switch

cucvrus

• Would Cole Hersey battery kill switch work on the rear 24 volt positive cable to shut off everything to the CUCV? I am asking because someone brought me one and wants it installed on the m1009 under the dash at the area where the diagnostic plug is located. I thought it would work and don't see why not. Would I need 2? One to cut the ground on the front battery also?

sweetk30

I was just asking this on another forum .

best to cut ground most said .

and make sure the amp draw rating are up there . lots of big switches that are cheep and he reason is min draw . local store has them for 35 bucks . . . . 20 amp working and 125 surge .

I had them order me in a 175 working and 800 amp surge switch .

so make sure first .

cucvrus

This is for a lift gate and it is a Cole Hersee. It looks like it will do the job. I don't have my camera with me at this time and just googled a picture and came up with that.

sweetk30

This is for a lift gate and it is a Cole Hersee. It looks like it will do the job. I don't have my camera with me at this time and just googled a picture and came up with that.
problem is the generic styling of the switch you posted pic of makes even the cheepys look like prem units .

had to tell unless you have the box or info off the unit .

nyoffroad

The same switch will always last longer when used to break the ground rather than the line (power) because there's less arcing and contact metal transfer. With that in mind a switch breaking the ground will NOT protect against accidental shorts to ground. Personally I think killing the power to a lift gate would be better, less problem with slush and snow,(slow drain on battery)and you don't have to worry about someone bumping into the rear and shorting out the power lead and burning up the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks