• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Recommendation/Question

jbs123

Hey All,

The batteries on my FLU419 are shot. These are the original batteries and I haven't done anything to them. What would you recommend as a replacement or are they worth trying to bring back to life (or can they be brought back to life)? I have attached pictures of them. Thanks!

Attachments

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A wet lead acid battery that is 9 years old? I am sure that is well past their life expectancy of likely ~5-7 years. I'd sell them to a recycler or use them for the core charge on new batteries (which ever nets you more money or is easiest). You can purchase the exact replacement batteries, or find the largest form factor battery that you can (that meets or exceeds the CCA of those 6TMF batteries) and fabricate your own hold down mounts. Group 31 batteries are popular replacements, but they may not fit as well in your MV as they do in other MV's.

Read this whole thread, particularly post #3 by philofab for more info about 6TL/6TMF etc batteries.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?102033-6TL-Batteries-and-6TMF-Batteries

Last edited:

papakb

I just replaced the 6TL batteries in my HMMWV with a set of Duracell Gold, Group 24F batteries from Batteries Plus. I've had this truck for some time now and have always used the military batteries before but the last 3 sets that I got from Interstate only lasted an average of 26 months and since they're considered special use batteries were only warrantied for 12 months. With battery prices what they are now I chose the 24Fs because they're the same length and height as the 6TLs but they are only 7" wide. They fit into the battery tray perfectly and the original battery hold down bracket worked just fine with them and since they came with a 36 month warranty I went for them. That and I replaced them both for the cost of 1 6TL.

I also spoke to a good friend who provides military vehicles to Hollywood and he recommended the 24Fs too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks