• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Recommendation

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I need to get some batteries, for a deuce w/the OA331 gas engine. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Joel

BTW: It doesn't get very cold here

rmgill

Just get what will fit and has a good price. At a certain point you're getting a big battery no matter what. Though, if you do drive off road, you might see if they have a more rugged designed battery. Try batteries Plus first. They specialize so seem to know more.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
for the time being get some reman batterys, stay cheap till its running, you can always get some good ones later,i ran two blem megatrons in my old m52 gasser, there was more then enough crank.the same set was still in the truck when it went(about 3 years)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got 2 of the Walmart bargain basement batteries in my tractor. I think they were $29.95 ea. Been in since '03 without a hiccup. I tend to agree with Ron, get 2 of the most economical batteries you can find until you get th OA331 running. As far as the OA331, don't be surprised by it's anemiic power. It actually can get the job done just takes more time and fuel. As long as yours still has a muffler on it, they are amazingly quiet, especially to those used to a multifuel. Another cool thing is you can put the overdrive trans in for a little more road speed (theoretically).

yeager1

Personally I'd stay away from Optima batteries. I gone through 4 in about as many years. Every time it's the same problem, one cell goes bad, rendering it useless due to how it's wired. The guy at Interstate told me (they own optima) that he sees a lot more of them come back then any other type of battery they sell and that you should only get one if you absolutely need a sealed battery.

red devils dude

yeager1 said:
Personally I'd stay away from Optima batteries. I gone through 4 in about as many years. Every time it's the same problem, one cell goes bad, rendering it useless due to how it's wired. The guy at Interstate told me (they own optima) that he sees a lot more of them come back then any other type of battery they sell and that you should only get one if you absolutely need a sealed battery.
really guess I might go with a Interstate 6TL then.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
bought some batteries

I bought a pair of Interstate batteries today (Part# MTP-65 Mega-Tron Plus - 875 CCA)

$57 total including two core charges :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks