• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Switch on or off when driving?

nitrox2595

I searched and searched. I am sorry, I have been working 18 hour days since hurricane sandy. My question is, When you are driving the M923(We converted to 2 -12Volt batteries), do you need to keep the battery switch on while driving? I noticed that, after the truck is started and I leave the batt switch on, I hear a belt squeal for a few minutes, and then it goes away. When the truck is running, and i leave the switch off, the generator/voltage guage shows activity, and does the opposite when switch is left on. What's the proper way? All and all, the truck runs fine, except for an air leak that drains the system in 15-30 minutes.

jwaller

yes you must leave both switches on or you may damage the brain box. just tighten the belt. it's trying to charge the batteries.

Tlauden

Sounds like you need some new belts....

It wouldn't make sense to turn the battery switch off, while I have never driven one of these trucks I would think the concept behind a battery switch on all vehicles is the same. Honestly it sounds like you have some electrical issues that need tracked down

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought it needs to be on to power everything. At least that is what I remember reading. Power up, start and the shut down sequence is the reverse. lights off, Shut down, and then power off. I remember seeing something about the ABS being real sensitive to voltage if the proper sequence is not followed you can blow the fuses, ecm, or solenoids.

I did not realize it would even run with the power off.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Try READING the -10, there is a lot of info you need to know in it and you will not be asking questions like this.

nitrox2595

yes you must leave both switches on or you may damage the brain box. just tighten the belt. it's trying to charge the batteries.
Thank You for the answer. I apologize for offending people who had to take 15 seconds out of their, obviously busy schedules, telling me to read something i have no idea about. I appreciate your response.

212sparky

Thank You for the answer. I apologize for offending people who had to take 15 seconds out of their, obviously busy schedules, telling me to read something i have no idea about. I appreciate your response.
The -10 -20 -34 are all tech manuals. -10 is operator manual. It is a good nightly read.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks